We are excited to announce that after 15 months of hard work, we’re finally launching publicly! The team has put a huge amount of time, passion and effort into this moment. But more importantly, we have been supported by an incredible community of courageous early-adopting users – all kinds of inspiring groups doing amazing things all over the world.
So we’re putting on our celebration shoes, making some Loomio bunting, and throwing a party this Friday! For those of you that are Wellington-based, you should make us happy: come along to toast Loomio’s launch into the world!
Launching publicly means that anyone can start a group from the front page and get up and running in 2 minutes. Spread the word!
What have we been up to?
The blog has been in hibernation for the past year, but it’s coming back to life as of today! From now on we’ll be regularly posting exciting news and stories here about our users and contributors, movers and shakers, and the team working behind it all. It’s all about the people, people.
Here’s a snapshot of what we’ve been doing since the blog’s been down:
- We’re bona fide! We’re now a registered worker-owned cooperative, with a Board and a Constitution and everything!
- We’ve had some awesome international coverage: from TechPresident in the US, El Diario in Spain, and Andreas Vongunen in Germany
- We pulled together a comprehensive overview of the Loomio Cooperative: Introducing Loomio
- We’ve been invited to the World Forum for Democracy in Strasbourg, and we’ve been nominated for the World Summit Awards
- We presented at MIT Media Lab, and we’ve started an ongoing collaboration with them.
- Our international community has translated Loomio into 6 languages, with many more to come. Stay tuned for a story about this in the near future!
- Ben gave a wonderful talk at TEDxTeAro:
Come celebrate with us!
If you’re in Wellington, we’d love to see you at our party!
**6pm, Friday 9th August
Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane**
If you need convincing, check out the Facebook page for plenty of reasons to come 🙂