Kia ora from the whole Loomio team in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
I'm Rob, co-founder and developer of the app.
It’s been almost two years since our last update - which is way too long, so today I’ve got three big announcements to share with you:
- Radical pricing for radical organizations
- Monthly stories of incredible users.
- Loomio 2.0 - mobile app out soon!
1. Radical pricing for radical organizations
We now offer special pricing to volunteer organizations who are financially supported by members or donors.
These special prices represent at least 80% off the normal subscription rates.
2. Monthly case studies of incredible users
When people ask me about Loomio, the first thing I tell them about are the cool organizations using it to do purposeful work in their communities & work places.
I get a thrill hearing from our users - who they are, how they use Loomio and what impact they’re having in the world, and we want to pass their learnings on to you.
So it’s my pleasure to share a selection of stories with you each month, starting with:
- Helping UK Cooperatives Thrive
- Leading Italy into the Future of Work
- Uniting Charities for a Common Cause
3. Loomio 2.0 - beta out soon!
Over the past six months we’ve rewritten the piece of Loomio that runs in your browser. It’s a major piece of work, so we’re calling it Loomio 2.0.
The rewrite means we can release mobile apps, make better user experiences, and develop features more quickly than before.
Here are a few of the many features coming to Loomio soon:
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- WYSIWYG editor to make it easier to format messages in Loomio (with emoji’s)
- Email email@example.com to start (or forward) a discussion from you inbox
- Define your own decision process then save it as a template others can use - this is big!
Get access to Loomio 2.0 in the next newsletter!
We recently celebrated Loomio's 7th birthday!
That's 7 years as a worker owned co-op, building open-source software so that anyone, anywhere, can participate in decisions that affect their lives.
It's your support that keeps us going. So thank you for using and talking about Loomio.
We’ve got lots more stories to share, and big improvements to the software are coming soon. So stay tuned.
Ngā mihi nui,
Rob and the Loomio Team